Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day two of Lent and the Love Dare

Today I fasted until dinner, it was not so bad -- I drank a lot of water. Today's Love Dare was centered around kindness. Yesterday, day one, focused on patience. These are the two principles of love, patience and kindness. Yesterday I could say nothing negative and be slow to anger.

Today I was challenged to do something kind and out of the ordinary for Gretchen. I bought and prepared dinner, I had to get me and my son up to little league practice in a hurry so I did the best I could. Chicken from Publix and garlic mashed potatoes. I was extra sweet to her as well.

I coach my son's baseball team so off to practice we went. A little later on, Gretchen came up to the field unexpectedly to bring us both a couple of bottles of Gatorade. I thought that was kind of her, you see she's doing the Dare as well. We both have to complete the Dare for Lent.

No comments: