Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Lenten Journey 2009

On Valentine's Day, my wife Gretchen bought the movie Fireproof on DVD, are you familiar with this movie? I'm going to assume you are for the sake of this post. We sat down together and watched the movie. We both loved the premise and the message and most of all, how the movie is changing or saving marriages.

What does this have to do with lent? Well, in addition to buying the DVD, Gretchen also bought two books and challenged me to do the "Love Dare" for Lent. If you're not familiar with the movie, let me tell you that the "Love Dare" is a 40-day challenge to save, or enhance significantly, a marriage and heightening ones awareness of the true meaning of love. I agreed to the challenge and this morning she left the book on my dresser. I found it and brought it with me to work today, Ash Wednesday, and so I begin my Lenten journey and day one of the "Love Dare."

I've never done anything like this before and I have to say, Gretchen and I are not struggling in any way with our marriage but we both know that anything that brings us closer to Jesus and each other has to be a good thing. And let's face it, we can all get better at loving one another. Wish me luck and have a blessed Lenten season.

No comments: