Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Pro-Life Group Targets Republicans As Well As Democrats -- 08/31/2004

Pro-Life Group Targets Republicans...

Let me start by applauding the American Life League's efforts here. That should surprise some of the folks who accused me of promoting the "pro-abortion politician/Holy communion" issue for by-partisan political reasons. See, I'm not a right wing bomb thrower. No, this is a catholic issue for me, always has been. I would not support Schwarzenegger and Pataki nor would I support Gulianni for that matter, just as I will not support Kerry in November. I will not be a hypocrite and give Republicans a pass while I speak out against the Dems on this issue. And I agree that America's Catholic bishops should properly educate public officials who have shown a blatant disregard for the Church's teachings on abortion and the reception of Holy Communion. It needs to be stressed to both Republicans as well as Democrats.

For me, the statement “you can't be both Catholic and pro-abortion” rings true for both sides of the aisle.

No comments: